Making a spark plug...

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

I've also found a local lumber yard that has a carpenter shop for doing custom work and among their cutoffs was some Corian that I got free since I'm a regular at the yard and bring them business from work as well as my own.

Unfortunately my first attempt at a plug failed. I managed to snap the Corian off in the plug base shortly before finishing it. Then in my attempt to get the piece out of the base I broke the tang off the other end which means new base. So at that point I quit and haven't gotten back to it yet.

I like the replaceable insulator idea though I don't know if I'll bother with the extra work/steps. I figure the engine (Lil' Brother) won't run long enough/often enough to worry about it.

Paul

We've got a winner! The Corian insulator with a slightly increased gap (0.030) and a shorter insulator to allow for more electrode protrusion... Engine runs as good, if not better, with this plug than it does with the Rimfire VR2L.

John

DSC00286.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

Back