lurkers first engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

messe

Reaction score
Hope I am doing this right. This my first engine, it"s based on the " Pip Squeak" with a few changes. 1/4" bore x 3/8 stroke, and it runs like a champ after a few changes.

DSC00403.JPG

DSC00404.JPG

If it's lurker's engine, then how didyou get it? ;D Just kidding.

Looks like some nice machining. Very clean.

Very nice little engine!
Finish looks great and the lines are very clean!

Andrew

Very nice looking little engine messe. Any chance of posting a short video of it running? Now that you have the first one under your belt, what future projects are you looking at?

Regards,
Bill

Very nice work. Nice attention to detail.

Chuck

Congrats on a very attractive little engine and further congrats for coming out of lurker mode and joining the festivities. We're always very happy when that happens.

Thanks to everyone for your nice comments on my first build. It sure gives me confidence. Have been a machinist and toolmaker for over sixty years and building at this scale offers some interesting problems. Have completed Chucks hit and miss steam at half size, but unable to get it to run, I think its the spring loaded exhaust valve but not sure so have put it aside for now. The photos show it without the head and valve assembly. Have just started Elmers mine engine at half size and will keep you posted at my progress.

DSC00407.JPG

DSC00405.JPG

Good looking hit n miss engine! Hope you get it running soon. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

Chuck

Back