Live video from N.A.M.E.S.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevehuckss396

Model Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once again the Metro Detroit Metal Workers will be hosting a live video
feed from the NAMES show. For all who live too far away or on the wrong
side of the ocean you can log in to the MDMC website and check in on
the show. The new location has internet at their location so the speed
will be better. We should get better quality video and audio this year.

When you click on the "live video" tab and the video starts you will have
to suffer thru a 30 second commercial and then the live video will begin.

Go to http://www.metrodetroitmetalworkers.com/
Click the "Live Video" tab

It's that easy. The video is dependent on Adobe Flash player so if you cannot
see the video check to see if you have flash installed.

We will be live on Saturday the 21st Only from 9:00AM to 6:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.

I'll be going down this morning to setup. I plan to setup the video and get it working so if you want to check in on how things are going down there I should have things working about 11AM EST and i'll let it run until I leave for the night. Should be on for 4 or 5 hours.

Thanks Steve for the link. It worked fine. I heard the sound of a V8 running. Was it yours? Reminded me of the days when I used to go up to London to visit the ham radio shows.

Vince

We had some trouble getting it setup. The provider had to open a port to allow us to send out the video. Finally had it up about 12. Might try it tomorrow.

Next year I might have the camera setup on a mobile cart and have Jerry push it around and talk to the exibitors about there projects on setup night.

Well we are home!

I was wondering if anybody looked in on the camera.

If not I won't waste the time next year.

If so I will set it up again and try to make it mobile. The NAMES folks might allow me to set it up in the seminars next year also. If they decide to allow it, all I will need is permission of the party doing the seminar.

Should I bother?

Steve,
I enjoyed it. Thanks for the effort.
Gail in NM

Steve it was nice to meet you at the show ,enjoyed talking to you. Thanks for the web site ,it was amazing to see some of the things on it .Again THANKS Dale

Steve

Had a look on Saturday and Sunday. Worked like a charm. Good work.

Vince

Steve

I logged in both days for a while and kept an eye on it a while. I agree that if it was mobile it would be even better. Thanks for the effort that you put into getting it running for some of us that can't make the show for whatever reason. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

Back