Lifestyle Change

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan

Reaction score
Last summer I had an adverse drug reaction that affected my heart and left me unable to do any meaningful work. In January, I started looking for new accommodation and took possession of an apartment style condominium on the first of June. We have a moving van coming next week for the furniture.

This week my son drove a 1600 kms (1000 miles) and loaded up all my tools into a trailer and left yesterday. I had a fairly complete metal shop, a lot of woodworking tools and the usual assortment of welding equipment plus mechanic tools up to the heavy equipment size.

It looks like I will now become the despised couch potato sitting at a keyboard or watching TV. After a very active life, it will be a change. My interest in model engines (I am taking a couple to set to on the coffee table) and machining in general has not diminished and I will still be around the boards.

My thanks to Rick for this board and to all the members who have so freely given of their knowledge and displayed their talents. Stan

Stan, sorry to hear about your situation. Perhaps you can find other interests such as music or art that will fill the void.

Chuck

Stan,

That's not good news.

Maybe you could take on virtual model engineering using solid computer modelling. Old dogs can still learn new tricks. Just a thought to go along with chuck's suggestion.

Best Regards
Bob

I'm so sorry to hear this Stan, I can only imagine what a wrench it must be.

Latest posts

Back