lets take a minute

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

artrans

On the subject of Bogstandard who I did not meet . But in reading between the lines I assume something happened with someone that pissed someone off blah blah. The point I will make here is guys and Lady's lets not loose site and ruin a good thing. This is a great site and we all learn from each other. So please leave feelings and personal ideals out of the purpose of the site. Bottom line its about have fun and sharing or opinions and ideas to build things that we all are interested in so if by some bad writing skills like I have or bad use of words or maybe one day just a bad mood overlook it and do whats right for the club. Nobodies perfect
and I have been in clubs and seen many ruined because of stupid egos. It does not have to every happen. We are all the same get cut you bleed so keep the blood a minimal amt and enjoy. Leave the bad vibes and the door and pick them up when you leave. That's my new years wish the world is full of problems lets not add to them. Thank you and I hope I did not piss anyone off that was need the intent.

Art
Don't sweat having troubles with the written word. I've already discovered you can get more of a clear point across than some of us who use more words. You do cut to the chase with rare and admirable efficiency. It's obvious your heart is both large and in the right place.

If you read between the lines, John told you his reasons for deciding to leave. The board has grown and the subject matter has greatly diversified since the days when it was totally focused on engine building. We now have people who build only tools, some who are addicted to CNC and look at the range of amazing projects we get to see these days. As Rick recently quoted in another thread, "build it and they will come".... and Jeeeeze..... come they did.

John's interests were very solidly in engine building and his hope was that the board would always stay on that single track. Along with the growing diversity of subject matter came a natural dilution of the "engine building forum" line of subjects. John fought against what he saw coming until it reached a certain level. John then made a choice that we all wish he had not felt the need to make. I'll also have to admit to a nostalgic longing for when it was all a bit more focused, but I know the board had to grow or die.

It's still among the most user friendly forums I've visited and its one of the last available places where people want to help a new guy make his chops without getting blood in the water.

Steve

Artrans,

Reading between the lines, you are wrong on all fronts when it came to my leaving.

My reasons for leaving were given to the admin in full, but they deemed it uneccessary to tell the general membership of my words to them, and so everything was left in limbo.

I relogged on just to wish a few people yuletide greetings, and to put and end to the matter once and for all. I wish I now hadn't, as it seems to have stirred up passions that it should not have.

So please leave it as it is, and I won't bother you until next Christmas.

Bogs

That's fine and I am glad to be wrong . But again if you read the threads about you one can only come up with unhappiness was the cause . But great that it is not and be well. But At the same time my statement still apples and should be regard as a lesson in my view. because I read most every thread and at times you almost see the tension. So why wait for trouble if it can be controlled . Now for example it appears that your well liked on the site and will be missed does that not have a value and maybe if the enough members agree that the site has charged and are not in agreement with that others share you views and also have a lot of respect for you to adjust. I think you should be proud that enough members miss you enough to cause a stir that's not a bad thing. have a great holiday and i hope one day someone miss;s me to start a stir. be well

Latest posts

Back