Lagun ML3A

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bambata42

Reaction score
Hi Guys!
I have acquired a Lagun ML3A milling machine. It is quite old. I want to refurbish this machine with some help from an experienced machinist.I am a complete novice in this game. What I urgently require is an operating manual-I tried the net but nothing turned up. If anyone is familiar with this machineI shall gladly accept suggestions. A manual will be of a great help.
bambata42. :-\

deere_x475guy....thanks for your response. I shall send the pictures as soon as possible..This is a vertical milling machine with some good advanced features. I am not happy with the tool holding arbor..looks like it's temporarily replaced. A manual is necessary to id. the part.
bambata42

Welcome to HMEM bambata42.

You might try emailing Lagun directly.
They may have reprints or pdf's of the manual available.

Rick

bambata42,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best regards
Bob

Is this a Bridgeport type milling machine? The first thing is make sure all of your oil lines are clear & that the oiler is working properly. Check the backlash in the lead screws & thighten them up if there is any adjustment left. I found a company that makes retrofits CNC controllers from standard Bridgeport Style machines. They replace the factory original lead screws & nuts with ball screws, I have purchased 10 sets of the original lead screws & nuts & I have rebuilt the older Bridgeports at work. We have found that 1/2 of our oil lines were plugged up & not functioning properly. We have replaced all of the orifices in the oil lines (9 places). The Bridgeports were purchased originally with hard chrome ways so they are not worn very much, even with 20 years of service. We surface ground the tables as long as we had them off. This has really made good machines from the old Bridgeport's w/out a large investment!

Latest posts

Back