Kozos new shay

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also completed the end sills. All the holes were spot drilled on the cnc then drilled the various sizes to depth with a high speed sensitive pillar drill. Just need to tap all the holes.

View attachment 1432579544892.jpg

Were can I get small metric hex head bolts from. Require m1.6 m2 m2.5. Not had much luck finding the amount I need at a sensible price.

Were can I get small metric hex head bolts from. Require m1.6 m2 m2.5. Not had much luck finding the amount I need at a sensible price.

couple places I know of:
- grainger.com
- westfieldfasteners.co.uk
- mscdirect.com

For my shay I used the nearest inch sizes (mainly since I already had a bunch plus all the taps for them).

Hello- can anyone direct me to where i can purchase kozo's 3/4 shay blueprints in "inch" - not metric
thanks in advance - also are you guys uing L channel for track - type material ?- newbie going to attempt the shay
i purchased the book by Kozo but would rather inch plans if possible - cruiser

Hello- can anyone direct me to where i can purchase kozo's 3/4 shay blueprints in "inch" - not metric
thanks in advance - also are you guys uing L channel for track - type material ?- newbie going to attempt the shay
i purchased the book by Kozo but would rather inch plans if possible - cruiser

I've never seen an inch version of the plans. While makng mine I converted fasteners and some stock to nearest inch sizes, kept a calculator next to the book.

Hmm the original shay may be in imperial units . The A3 switcher book is imperial
Tin

Hmm the original shay may be in imperial units . The A3 switcher book is imperial
Tin

Just checked my copies of the books, the A3 is indeed imperial, but both the original and the new Shay books are metric units.

Glad you verified that.
It was only a guess that the older shay book was imperial since I know the A3 book is.
Tin

Latest posts

Back