Koolmist?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twmaster

Reaction score
Perhaps I am being my usual dense self here.

I was looking at the koolmist systems on a tooling website recently. They seem to be priced inexpensively enough.

What I cannot seem grasp is what else does it need to operate? Does it need shop air? A pump for the liquid? Solenoids, relays, valves???

Do tell please.

Just shop air normally.

I doubt very much if say something like an airbrush compressor could keep up with the requirements, but if adjusted correctly, one of the cheapo portable shop compressors would certainly be up to the job. Just depends if you can stand the noise.

Bogs

Thanks John.

Rats. I was hoping this ran on something easier to deal with than noisy air. I do not have a good compressor in the workshop.

Yes, you will need an air supply. I feel a mister is an important accessory to have for milling. Seems half the battle is getting rid of chips so you don't regrind them through the material. The air is more important than the coolant. Best to minimize the coolant spray coming out of the nozzle. I am familiar with Koolmist products and can say they are a quality product and last a long time. Their misting coolants work well also.

Dave

Latest posts

Back