Just playing with some polycarbonate.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc1955

Gone
Reaction score
Well I finished my paying jobs this morning and decided to check some of my programs for Steves lit'l Demon v8 engine. I have a bunch of little pieces of plexi-glass laying around so I welded some up for a proofing block. I knew I'd find a use for those little pieces some day. I found 2 errors in my programs and corrected them and had the block move once while machining the front pocket but all in all for the first time around didn't have to many errors. It did point out an edit I had to make to my post. Anyway I'm going to get back on the tiny enough playing for now. Here are some pics of what came out of my play session this after noon. You will notice I got carried away and tightened the c clamp on the plexi glass a little to tight during the welding process looks bad but held together just fine.

PLEXIGLASS.jpg

PLEXIGLASS2.jpg

PLEXIGLASS3.jpg

I would like to build a die to press recycle-ed polycarbonate into dog chew toys, Iv bought the best and it last less then two days, pit bulls are hard on their toys

My dogs sure love to chew up 2 liter bottles, I figure if I can take 10 of them, and press them with 70 tons and some high heat into a bone shape I may make a product to sell. Anyone do plastic injection molding with some input?

sorry for the hijack.

Some more program proofing and playing with plexiglas.

PLEXIV8-4.jpg

PLEXIV8-5.jpg

PLEXIV8-6.jpg

Ok this will be the last of the playing with plexiglas as I want to get back to my Tiny's I'm building. I've left them on the back burner long enough so enough with the playing with plexiglas and back to some metal. :big:

PLEXIV8-7.jpg

PLEXIV8-8.jpg

Be sure you are working off the latest drawing. There was an interference with the front 2 oil pan bolts and 2 of the screws holding the front cover on. The issue was resolved but I wanted to bring it up in the event the Gcode was written before the correction.

That looks so Kewl in the see thru material.

Thanks for the heads up Steve.
I pulled up the cad files I have created and checked location I see there is an interference of about .010 so I'll move the front cover holes when I get back to it again. But for now I've decided to finish up my Tinys I've started.

Latest posts

Back