Just had to come in out of the midday sun

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Andy ... About a year. I am not a tool maker by trade, although I do work with my hands for a living. The whole process was a steep learning curve. I made it about 30 years ago, during a rough period in my life ... I know, that little engine saved my sanity.

And before you ask ... one piece at a time ... one piece at a time :idea:

To bentprop and 90LX_Notch ... Thanks for the compliments

Tin Falcon ... in the words of Goethe ...

Lose this day loitering-'twill be the same story
To-morrow- and the next more dilatory;
Each indecision brings its own delays,
And days are lost lamenting o'er days lost.
Are you in earnest? Seize this very minute-
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
Only engage, and then the mind grows heated-
Begin it, and then the work will be completed

This magic little aphorism has divine inspiration in its simple words, seize the moment and let the magic take hold ... it has revealed itself as a constant truth to me over many a year.

Of course there's many a time I look back and think, "did I do that" :fan:

I know push forward. I have complete a decent little collection over the last several years well really from 2001 to 2007 I have several works in progress that I need to complete I have a couple that I did in a week sometimes that magic is tough to find holding down a job and a family. Things will fall into place .
Tin

Ha ...work. That's just a time wasted deflection from those things that really stir our gray matter :big: :big: :big: :big: :big:

Ok :hDe: I know my place

Welcome SS, I think you will like it here.
Very nice engine you built, I am slowly getting more and more interested in steam.
I hope to see a video of its operation one day, :bow:

Latest posts

Back