Just had to come in out of the midday sun

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys. Another mad Englishman here, been out in the midday sun too long ... so I figured I'd fit right in here ;D

Have done some model engineering in the past, but then marriage and family got in the way. As a rather avid model boat builder, I'd like to get into making a nice steam trawler. Have enough electrics to keep me amused ...so ... now for something different.

Hopefully get to meet new friends with similar interests, and enjoy the company :hDe:

Welcome SS. You will find a good and friendly bunch here, lots of different interests as to model engineering, and hopefull some inspiration along the way too. Jump right in, the water is far more comfortable that that midday sun!

Regards,
Bill

Welcome SS.
Any pics of what you've done?

Englishman and too much sun? Just where are you? :big:

zeeprogrammer said:
Englishman and too much sun? Just where are you? :big:

Obviously not in England :D

Welcome to the board SS, just join in and I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.

CC

Having just had a major computer crash, which involved a new CPU, I'm still in the process of sorting out what I've still got, and what I've not So pictures will be forthcoming once I've sorted the mess out Thm:

Solitary Sailor said:
Having just had a major computer crash, ........Thm:

For many years I've always fitted a spare Hard Drive (as they are pretty cheap these days), and I always keep all the Data files on the spare disk, that way when (not if, when) it crashes I don't loose anything, the programs can always be reloaded ............ anyway ............ it's worked well for me through many computer rebuilds .............

Sorry ............
OffTopic.gif
I know .............. back to your thread SS

CC

Welcome to the forums. Come in out of the sun and enjoy this shady bunch the shade and some good company! ;D

I'd like to see more steam boats, I'm looking forward to that project.

Ok here's a couple of shots of a little Cheddar 'Puffin' which I've had for a few years ... obviously NOT my handiwork

IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

SS,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

OK now for my pride and joy ... A Stuart Triple Expansion Marine engine.

Yep, I actually made this one myself, well, except for the crankshaft and the split eccentric, with a little help on the other eccentrics too.

This was all before marriage ... not sure what's left of the grey matter after that experience is still up to the job scratch.gif

IMG_0226.JPG

IMG_0226.JPG

IMG_0227.JPG

IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0229.JPG

Solitary Sailor said:

:bow: and rightly so .............. nice work feller ;)

Would I be right in thinking you originated from t'other side o't Pennine's to me :big:

CC

Hi CrewCab

Well that depends ... which side are you on.

Pssss, don't let on, I'm originally from North Wales woohoo1

Solitary Sailor said:
Well that depends ... which side are you on.

tis' in mi' profile ........... West Yorkshire 8)

CC

Welcome to the best site on the web with the best bunch of people.

Solitary Sailor said:

Yep, I actually made this one myself, well, except for the crankshaft and the split eccentric, with a little help on the other eccentrics too.

This was all before marriage ... not sure what's left of the grey matter after that experience is still up to the job scratch.gif

WOW that looks awsome, just how long did that take you???

BTW welcome onboard, Feels kind of strange me saying that as I am new on here myself ;)

Regards
Andy

Welcome,sailor.I'm also in the process of building a steam launch.At a bit of a standstill at the mo,too cold in the shed:)
Luuuuv that triple,nice bit of work there.Something to aspire to th_wav

Welcome Solitary Sailor
The stuart is quite a project I have a simple 10 H tucked away for a rainy day Project well maybe more like a rainy month or year lol.
Tin

Latest posts

Back