John Deere Engine Video Updated

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfellows

Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Here is an updated video of my completed JD Engine. You can see the adjustable balancing valves under each cylinder. These valves don't usually need adjusting once the cylinders are balanced. That's why they just have a screw slot and don't have handles. The overall speed is controlled by a ball valve.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRcpGWp1OA8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRcpGWp1OA8[/ame]

Chuck

Wow that's a great engine and it sounds great too :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Rob

i love the way it sounds great build :bow: thanks for showing us the vid very nice

That engine has scale SOUND!
Beautiful craftsmanship Chuck! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Rick

Chuck,

Looks and sounds fantastic. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Whaooooooooooooooo fantastic sound!!!! th_wav

Nice sounding and looking engine Chuck. BRI

Sounds like when you drop the four bottom plow into new earth in the spring. Very scale sounding. Quite unmistakable. :bow:

BC1

Thanks for kind words, all!

Chuck

Chuck, of all of my engines, gas, steam/air, the John Deere is the one I play with and show off the most. You should be proud of that design. It is yours. :bow: :bow: :bow:

I am looking forward to next winter, when you are settled in your new home, have Alibre mastered, and have the new air "Hoglet" designed and built.

Thanks, Arv.

I've got my shop pretty well packed up. If things go according to plan, we'll be out of this house mid june or so. Don't have a house in Austin yet, so I have no idea when I'll have my shop set up again. I do know it can't be soon enough!

Guess I should use this time to practice Alibre...

Chuck

Chuck:
Great little engine there! I really like the sound, it reminds me of my younger days raking hay with a trip rake behind a tricycle style John Deer. Kept me busy trying to steer at the small end of the field while using the hand clutch and pulling the rope to trip the rake all at the same time.
Fascinating build and a familiar color.
don

Very nice

You gotta be pleased sounds sweet

Wayne

Latest posts

Back