Jeweler's Saw

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironman

Reaction score
Anyone use Jeweler's Saw to cut slots in pistons for con rod conections? Which blade to get for steel, cast iron and brass? What about the X-acto Jeweler's Saw frame? Wow, 3 questions in a row. Enough questions for now. I was using a slitting saw and a Dremel cut-off disk before that and I was wondering about the X-acto saw. Maybe a stocking stuffer for me. Thanks, ironman

Any jeweler saw blades that I've come across will cut the materials you mention. When I buy them, they are just called "jewelers saw blades". No specific grades that I know of.
The last pack I got was from India. Brass, aluminum, steel, cast iron, same blade for all. The main consideration is tooth count, and depends on the thickness of your material.

Check here:
http://www.timesavers.com/findbydesc/SearchCatalogMain.asp?ProdDesc=jewelers+saw+

I do quite a bit of work with a jeweler's saw. I get my blades from Niqua in Germany, they supply an excellent range of blades.
Mark

Check out the local hobby shows, if they carry model train stuff they most likely have a saw made by Atlas called an Atlas snap saw. They are disposable, the blades are not interchangeable, but they are cheap, and I find them much finer, and easier to control than the exacto saws.

Dale

Latest posts

Back