It's GREAT to Meet the Members!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rake60

Reaction score
Since HMEM began I'm been privileged to meet a few of the members.

One of the most memberale of those meetings was with Eric (Brass _Machine)
We sat for a few hours in my grungy little basement shop and visited.
I couldn't force a beer on him, he preferred Pepsi, but he did smoke a
cigarette with me. (We won't tell his wife that! ;))

Another type of meeting has been several telephone conversations with
Steve (Cedge)

The last one ended about 10 minutes ago when his cell phone died.
We are from very similar backrounds and our goals for HMEM reflect that.

It's GREAT to be around GREAT people!

Rick

rick in about 2 or 3 weeks i will get a chance to meet Brian rupnow and i tell ya im looking forward to putting a face to the name...........and i hope to see his models.
we will be meeting at a steam show in cookstown, ontario...........about a 30 minute drive from my house.
if any one else up here in canada plans on being at the show just look for the guys with the rope maker and some engines, that will be dad and myself. the show is on the 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th of august. (hope you guys don't mind me plugging the show on here)

chuck

That was a fun visit! I do want to come out there again. The basement wasn't grungy... much cleaner and nicer than mine.

I have been able to talk to (and meet) quite a few people here. I got to meet Tin Falcon and Philjoe5 at cabin fever. And more recently, I had a nice lunch with Tin.

I also have gotten to talk to Powderkeg and zeusrekning (many times ;D)on the phone. I also got to talk late into the night with Cedge, who had great advice for me. Now to get down to SC to meet them.

So many cool, talented and nice people here. I need to make a world tour and go visit them.

Eric

Anyone passing near Fort Wayne, Indiana is welcome to stop in for a cold one (Beer or Pepsi) and a visit anytime ! ;D

-Bret

For quite a number of years, collecting steam engines was mostly a solo hobby. Finding anyone who didn't immediately get that well known glassy look in their eyes was rare. I've met and spoken with so many fans of small engines since the internet became popular that I almost can't count them. This forum has made it even easier and the engine hobby has become almost like a reunion of old friends. I've spent time with Tim and George Seal and I've had the great pleasure of conversing with a number of others. I think I've finally found a nice comfortable home here...(grin).

Steve

I to have enjoyed talking to the few member I have met. I have spoke to Bob Abbot, Eric and Wes a few times over the phone. Learned a lot hanging out with Steve, Unfortunatley I have managed to be a member for 7months now and not spoke to George Seal. Thats hopefully going to change in the upcoming weeks. I really hope to go to the next cabin fever and meet more of you.
Tim

rake60 said:
Another type of meeting has been several telephone conversations with
Steve (Cedge)

The last one ended about 10 minutes ago when his cell phone died.

Rick

Yeah we all should chip in and get the poor fella a new cell battery or mabey a steam powered charger for him to play with. :)

Back