INSPECTION REPORT, EXCEL

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DCRC

Reaction score
Happy Easter Everyone,
I took on a job to do and they are asking for a Inspection report. Since retiring discarded all my copies. And I am reaching out to see if someone already has one. I started to make one in Excel, but hoping one of
you has something to refresh my memory.

Thanks
DALE

Happy Easter Everyone,
I took on a job to do and they are asking for a Inspection report. Since retiring discarded all my copies. And I am reaching out to see if someone already has one. I started to make one in Excel, but hoping one of

Thanks
DALE
What are you trying to do?

Dave

I am making some parts and need to record dimensions and show they are in spec with the print dimensions.
This does not sound to complex.
Are adding anything?

Dave

This does not sound to complex.
Are adding anything?

Dave
1711937918423.png

Found this on internet and is something like what I am looking for, but I've seen better. And this is a First Article, looking for final report.
Dale

View attachment 154991
Found this on internet and is something like what I am looking for, but I've seen better. And this is a First Article, looking for final report.
Dale
That is easy to do
Having Easter and will give more detail tomorrow.
It is just right
How new is your excel or some other brand?

Dave

I have found Libreoffice to be an excellent alternative to Office, and I like their spreadsheet program "LibreCalc" a lot.
And free too !

You can save files to the Libre format, or save them in the traditional .XLS or .DOC formats that Office uses.

https://www.libreoffice.org/

Thd good news I have Librere Office in my computer.
I used Excel for 20 years. But have Librere Office too. There commands are little different so I boot computer tomorrow. On my phone tonight.

Dave

Just remember
Chemo brain I log tomorrow had medical today..

Dave

I bought a caliper with a USB device, (a caliper with Bluetooth is also available at "even more" $$$$, micrometers and dial gauges are on the market as well). My device has a foot pedal.
If I push the foot switch it writes the number into Excel (or Libre office really) and jumps into the next cell below. (no software required, just plug USB in and done). Very handy for measuring lots of parts. Or taking three measurements and average all values.
Used it once and it was well spend for that one QC job, saving lots of time, because you do not have to switch between part and keyboard.

It might be advisable to put all measured numbers into one sheet. One line per part.
Then make a view sheet that sorts the lines into a "human readable" page.

Greetings Timo

p.s. I find some of the stuff in libre office odd, but every Excel update came with unpleasant surprises and "new looks". The basics are similar same but different! There is a similar gap between Excel for Mac and Libre office and Excel for Windoof.

Last edited:
Happy Easter Everyone,

Thanks
DALE

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
View attachment 154991
Dale
Here a screen shot
First selected the cells then merge the cells

Screenshot (22) - Copy.png

Then right click and select boarders

Screenshot (23).png

I bought a caliper with a USB device, (a caliper with Bluetooth is also available at "even more" $$$$, micrometers and dial gauges are on the market as well). My device has a foot pedal.
If I push the foot switch it writes the number into Excel (or Libre office really) and jumps into the next cell below. (no software required, just plug USB in and done). Very handy for measuring lots of parts. Or taking three measurements and average all values.
Used it once and it was well spend for that one QC job, saving lots of time, because you do not have to switch between part and keyboard.

It might be advisable to put all measured numbers into one sheet. One line per part.
Then make a view sheet that sorts the lines into a "human readable" page.

Greetings Timo

p.s. I find some of the stuff in libre office odd, but every Excel update came with unpleasant surprises and "new looks". The basics are similar same but different! There is a similar gap between Excel for Mac and Libre office and Excel for Windoof.
Sounds great for the OEM to read.

I wound never use that part.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here a screen shot
First selected the cells then merge the cells

View attachment 155074

Then right click and select boarders

View attachment 155073

Sounds great for the OEM to read.

I wound never use that part.
Dave and Timo
Thanks for your input, I'm using Excel 2016 and have started to build a form to use. I was seeing if someone had a finished sample to guide me as I make a new form. I'm not sure if I remember all the fields to use. So I'll just do this as a work in progress and up date as I go!
THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR INPUT!
DALE

Back