• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

in need a mini mill for my garage any suggesting

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering there are roughly about 6 different size\price choices, and you failed to mention your budget, how big is your garage and what do you currently plan to make\machine.

The general rule is "The biggest mill you can afford and fit into your space."

Vague input = vague output! ;)

Cheers,
Chazz

If the second figure means the Y axis (front to back operation) and in inches, you will be looking at one huge machine, and for 500 bucks, you are only going to get a quarter of that movement, if you can get a half decent mill for that sort of cash.

I would suggest you have a look at a few of the offerings for that sort of cash on sites such as Grizzly or Little Machine Shop, then come back and ask a few questions about what machines you have looked at.

Your question is a little too vague for any of us to help you.

John

My mill is a bridgeport clone called a bigport which has roughly 8in x 24in travel and it weighs 1.2t. It takes up a substantial amount of room (needs 2.1m height for a draw bar change) well used cost 2k. Not easy to move either. I don't think $500 bucks will get you what you need.
Brock

Then you'll need another 500 bucks or so to get enough tooling to get started.

Hey Omar,

How ya doing? Where ya from? Inquiring minds would like to know.

:)

Dave

im in san diego cali im a cnc programmer i got the tooling

just need a mill to have at home if in need to pay a little
more i will

thank all u guy for ur help

-omar

Cool!
Thanks for the intro! Are you into model engines or model engineering?
Dave

i like them both but more into engines

never build one both love machining ;D

Cool. Do you have a lathe?
You should check out some of our work in process threads too.
let me know if you have any questions

Dave

yeah i already have a small lathe and i have access
to bigger lathe and proto trak if need

Great Thanks for the Intro.

We like to know something about who comes into our home....Glad you are making our home yours too!

Let me know if you need anything.

Dave

Latest posts

Back