I'm reminded of what I don't like about Woodworking!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfellows

Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I got sidetracked on another woodworking project for the better half. Making some rollout shelves for the kitchen cabinets. The picture shows the part of woodworking that I hate the most... sawdust on everything! :mad:

d2172d3f.jpg

The high price of lumber is the other thing that puts me off.

Chuck

Damned woodworking always looks like that! :(

I had to take about 3mm off the edge of a door to ease it the other day and ended up knee deep in planer shavings

Bogstandard said:
Chuck

No wonder it is expensive, it looks like you are throwing more than half of it away.

John

Yes, it does look that way. I'm pretty frugal with my wood, always trying to figure out how to get the most with the least waste. The wood for these drawers is just Western Cedar, pretty cheap and really soft, but it's light weight and straight. I was pricing some Walnut at the local lumber store and they wanted $14 a board foot. I used to buy it for 85 cents a board foot. Of course, that was 40 odd years ago.

Chuck

I try to do my woodworking in the driveway or the back patio. That way I can use the leaf blower to clean up.
Alan

Latest posts

Back