I'm new to the forum.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been lurking for awhile and I think it's time I joined.

I like making all kinds of things and I have always wanted to get involved with lathes and mills. I originally bought a 7 x 12 mini-lathe to support my other hobbies and found this forum when I began to learn. I have always wanted to attempt an engine but it has taken until now to work up to my first engine project.

My other interests have included woodworking and car restoration, as well as electronics and photography. I like to attempt new projects to learn new skills and I think I will fit in with this group.

I have also thought I could offer my humble opinions once in awhile as I have "been there" when learning what others are asking from time to time. I will post more information and some pictures.

Looking forward to it ...........

Hi Shopshoe,

Welcome!

Tell us about yourself...what kind of things do you like to build? :)

Dave

Welcome, Shopshoe.

I hope you'll post progress as you build your first engine.

Dennis

Welcome Shopshoe.

Shopshoe,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome Shopshoe...jump right in :)

Bil

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Steamer, I plan to post several things as I get started here.

To give an idea of what I have been up to, I made this height guage, after being inspired by Makoto Ishimura's designs.

Ht_Guage_1.jpg

This was my first milling project that used steel (1018) rather than brass or aluminum. I think it turned out fairly well.

I have also posted to TOOLS and MACHINE MODIFICATIONS.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

welcome nice neat shop. good job on the height Gage.
Tin

Latest posts

Back