I'm also new ...

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Path

Reaction score
What a great site. :) :)

I've been reading as a guest for the last few days now and just can't quit. :p
There is so much here to read and learn from ....

So how did I get here?

I have been building the Pennsylvania A3 Switcher in 3/4" for about 5 years now ... still a along way to go but I've picked up the pace this year and hope to continue that way. I hang out at Discover Live Steam (http://livesteam.proboards.com) where we discuss the A3 in detail. We have about 5 or 6 current builders maybe more. Well guess what? A few weeks ago 1hand joined stating he has started his A3 and reporting his progress here at HMEM. So I ask what is HMEM and where do I find the site? So here I am ...

Thanks 1hand for the recommending HMEM. I hope to not only learn a lot but also contribute as much as I can. ;)

Now a little about myself ...

Retired but very active with family and 4 grand kids etc.

I'm have been taking various classes at a local community collage for several years so that I can have access to a very well equipped machine shop. Plus they have 4 Haas mills and Lathe, which I now can use! A real incentive. ;)

I do have my own shop with the normal stuff ... but looking for a CNC mill but nothing yet. :-\

I have a web site where I report my progress on the various projects ... with lots of pictures on what I did and the outcome. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist ... I will scrap a out a piece if I don't like it or it's out of spec. Sometimes I think I'm building 2 A3s with all my extra parts!!

My web site is www.phutcheson.net look in Projects ... here you'll find the A3 and my new (3 years old now) shop (page does need updating however, will do that soon). Plus other projects.

My plans are ... report progress here on the A3 with some pictures and notes, then refer to my web site for more information,with more and bigger pictures.

Well that's about it ... well one more thing!

Since I read so much about various IC engines built here and all the support that was provided ... I ordered plans for Howell's V-Twin! :) So I hope to start that soon ...

This is going to be fun!! :) :)

Thanks,

Pat H.

Pat,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome aboard Pat - look forward to seeing more of you.

welcome pat Thanks for the intro.
I am thinking of picking up an A-3 book at Cabin Fever.
Tin

Pat;

Glad you made it over here to check us out! wEc1

I know that you will have a lot to contribute here as well.

Watch out its very addicting though!!

Matt

Welcome Pat, Very great intro. thank you. larry

More A3 stuff. I like it. :) Welcome.

Hey Pat Welcome to the Forum :)

I'm looking forward to your A3 progress. In fact, I probably have 1000 of your 19000 hits on your Home Page :) :) :) I view it every day for up dates. I received my Kozo A3 book two months ago and have read through twice. Bought the Friends driver castings as well. I plan to begin the build as soon as I get home. 3/4" scale Switcher.

Also, enjoy the guest pictures of Sigler's build you have linked on you site.

Again, Welcome...

Jeff

Welcome, Pat. wEc1
Your web page is great and so is your craftsmanship.
Gail in NM

Welcome Pat. I visited your page also and enjoyed seeing the progress on your A3 as well as other projects. Glad you found us !

Regards,
Bill

All,

Thanks so much for the warm welcome and the nice comments on my workmanship ... it's great to hear that my web site is viewed and actually helps.

In the next few days I hope to start a thread on my A3 and as soon I get the prints for the V-Twin I will start that also.
Been reading (usually late at night) several long term projects. Just can't put shut down the computer ... must read until done, very "addictive". :big:
If there are any questions, comments or suggestions on the A3, workshop or anything else for that matter ... just let me know. Because I know I will!! ;)

This is going to fun place to hang out .... :) :)

Thanks again,

Pat H

Back