ignition

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jct842

Reaction score
Last night while at walmart I noticed they had an ignition for a barbecue. It was not the old style piezoelectric but used a small battery. I got thinking about it and would have gone back today with $17 and bought it except I am now trapped here with the new snow. Has any one messed with one of these? I would guess it maybe a continuous spark with the push of button. It looks to have a molded spark coil and could probably be modified to work with a small slow speed engine. I wish I had bought it or at least got the manufacturers name so I could look it up on the internet. It said it came with 3 spark tips for multiple burners and assume they would all fire at the same time. I am thinking a larger battery with less voltage and a micro switch and we would have a complete ignition system. john

That sounds really interesting! Where in Walmart did you see it? Sounds like it is worth looking into!

I had to replace one of these on my barbeque recently. There has also been some other discussion about this module on this board. There was some discussion about issues with timing on this module. I'm also wondering how long it would last.

Chuck

Latest posts

Back