I keep forgetting to say hello...so Hello!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chitownmachine

Reaction score
Hello from the windy city! I came upon this site about a year ago and a member a few months ago and Wowie wow wow....inspiring stuff!! So a lil bit about me. I'm from Chicago (ie. chitown machine, but if you look at it fast, it looks like chinatown machine hehe). I'm 30 and going back to school for manufacturing engineering with an electronics technician certificate. I decided in '09 for a lil career change. I was an advertising photographer since '05 after I got my art degree up in the good 'ol UP of Michigan!!! Got sick of the grind and missed working with my hands and miss making things like I did as a 'yout'...haha So....here I am. In my second semester of machining, and feel I am finding a knack for it. In my opinion the smaller the better! Well thats about it! I am excited to learn and contribute to this fantastic community! So a long winded Hello! :)

Welcome Chitown...heck at 30 you're still a "yout". Congrats and best wished on the career change. While you are finishing up your studies, you can put the book "learnin' " to good use in the model engineering world. So jump right in and get your hands dirty with the rest of us.

Regards,
Bill

Ctm,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome! CTM! and Yes at 30 you still are a Yout ;D

Got pictures? We love pictures...... ;D

Dave

Latest posts

Back