How to make a Diamond-pattern

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a nice finish.
Is that steelwool on the wood? The translator does not translate the word.
"and at the other end no pudseflit attached with double sided tape"

That is a nice finish.
Is that steelwool on the wood? The translator does not translate the word.
"and at the other end no pudseflit attached with double sided tape"

It is something like scotchbrite pad for your kitchen sink :D !
- about 5-6 mm thickness.

In English that type of finish is usually called "engine turning". In the US, at least, "diamond plate" refers to a stamped finish like this:

g-8czjBgkbG6fQuPL1dKNP_zjD70gjjInc1eyORqpZG9jLQJIrcqkqjoc_rrzivXVGI8wVue1sPGohofsr7gS1sqgGnAwgXC2TJT-z53iHdIlXLeQb8G1Y3TNvxz2va0Zn0dWxeHaje_cmVXCg=s220-c

The late-lamented Blog-meister had a nice thread on his engine turning technique similar to Kel's.

I too was confused by this post I expected a question on how to knurl. I think the swirl pattern thing is also called jeweling. but is is all good.
With world wide web and world wide members there will always be some semantics and syntax issues . Even in the US different word are used for the same thing. pop soda etc many names for a long roll filled with meat cheese lettuce and tomato and maybe some thin sliced onion for good measure.
Drill rod in the US silver steel in the UK.
Tin

I too was confused by this post I expected a question on how to knurl. I think the swirl pattern thing is also called jeweling. but is is all good.
With world wide web and world wide members there will always be some semantics and syntax issues . Even in the US different word are used for the same thing. pop soda etc many names for a long roll filled with meat cheese lettuce and tomato and maybe some thin sliced onion for good measure.
Drill rod in the US silver steel in the UK.
Tin

Now I see the word "jeweling" I can remember it was the word used when someone asked how I made it - but ... jeweling and diamond ... they are both shining - right :D

Latest posts

Back