Hot Out Here

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShedBoy

Reaction score
Went outside and check the thermometer yesterday 49 degrees celcius in the shade! Who knows what it is in direct sunlight. Water from the cold tap is 30 degrees! Verified heat at a weather station. It is now mid morning and 38 degrees already and it is going to start raining any day now, that is going to be uncomfortable.

Brock in the heat North West West Oz

Send some of that heat my way!

I don't want it hot, just warm enough to clear the ice off the roads for my
morning commute to work.

Rick

ICE! I have to put my head in the freezer to see ice or snow. Never seen snow in my life. If I could swap I would.
Brock

You ain't missin much. ;D We don't have any snow yet but I'm sure it's coming. :p

Ray

49 degrees, Holy crap! Think I'll quit complaining about the snow.
Peter

Just went and checked the mill thermometer hanging on a post out in the open in a shade cloth box, insert drum roll here 51 Degrees Celcius!! Put a temp gun on a sheet of steel in the yard 78 Degrees Celcius! Even the lizards have gone and hid. Snakes are hyperactive in these temps.

Brock

sounds like if set a cast iron griddle in the sun you can cook right on it no need to fire up the barbie.
it is a cool 11c here this morning.
Tin

Once it gets over 40°C it's all academic anyway - not a matter of whether it will kill you, just when!

Our air conditioner kicked in for the 1st time this summer but only 34C outside in the shade according to my $3.00 thermometer.

Best Regards
Bob

Ice. Thats the stuff you put in the Esky to keep ya tinnies cold. Summer's only just begun. Could be in for a hot one this year

Still gettin' around in trackies here - coldest start to summer I've ever seen.

Had a few snowy days here so far.
Nothing that sticks around for more than a few days though...
Raining again this morning and going up to 8 degrees C!!

Going to be a green Christmas this year!

All because i bought a snowblower!!! ;D

Waiting for the snow to get the beast out of the garage and into a snow bank!

Andrew

yikes thats hot. Are those normal temps for you guys during the summer or is it an unusually hot year?

Try to stay cool! I will, I JUST put 4 new snow tires on my car

Eric

Seems to be a bit hotter than usual, this is the wet season too! Mid to high 40's is the norm not 50 though. Interesting fact hottest recorded temp in WA was 50.5 at a place called Mardi, at bit north of here. Could not sell a snow tyre in WA.

Brock

That's getting warm! I've never seen it go above 45°C here, but, mind you, it also goes down to -16°C, a big enough swing for my liking.

Latest posts

Back