Hi.... Im New

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oli_J

Reaction score
Hello,

Im Oliver, from Bristol UK

The past few weeks iv been contemplating starting my first grown up model and have steeled for the Webster. A well trodden path for this forum, so my apologies if this is nothing new to the regulars.

Having been looking for a project to see me through the winter here I have just started modelling the Webster in 3D (Autodesk Inventor) I'm going to model and produce my own set of metric drawings for the engine, with a few little additions and changes to Mr Webster's original design. However all credit must go to Mr Webster for his excellent set of drawings.

So my plan is to fully draw the engine in metric format, and then begin the build. I am going to try and keep the CNC to a minimum, but a few parts i thing I'm going to have to get a robot to cut for me!!

I am a professional Design Engineer with access to a fully equipped machine shop so I'm hoping to get a sweet looking engine out of the project. Once iv had my fun with the engine i am planning on giving it to my father as a birthday present next July.... so the pressure is on for me to get my first model to be a good one.

No doubt i will turn to the internet for advice and assistance through the design and build, and i do hope the kind people here are willing to pass on some of your knowledge to a rookie model builder

Oh, and by the way this is my first weeks progress on the CAD

All the best

Oliver J

A - OJ 1 - 000 Engine Assembly 2.jpg

A - OJ 1 - 000 Engine Assembly.jpg

Hi Oliver. Welcome from the big island "down under". It sounds like you're fully equipped for this build and look forward to your updates.

Hi Oliver i live round the corner from Herbiev but originally from Leeds
Worked in Bristol a few times.Not made the Webster but done a few others
Great fun,but you are under pressure if you work full time.Now retired i do what i want when i want.Keep posting regards Barry

Welcome to the group! I have been seriously considering the Webster,
and a couple of others, for my first IC engine. I've done a steamer but
not an IC. It's a very popular unit and you'll be part of a great bunch of
folks that have enjoyed building it. There's lots of excellent experience
here. They've helped me no end.

Pete

Cheers Lads for the welcome.

Bazmak: Sounds like you are living the dream.... another 35 years till I get there.

Will hopefully get a bit more modelling done this weekend and upload the results. Hopefully there won't be too many issues with the conversion from imperial to metric...

Oli J

Welcome, Oli. Webster is scheduled to be my next build, as soon as I finish my Woodson Vertical Steam engine.

Chuck

Latest posts

Back