HI i am new this is me.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ieezitin

Reaction score
Hello guys.

Been a member for a while and I have been lurking. I have racked up three hours now on the site so its time to introduce myself.

First of all I do not make models. I admire anyone that does and I enjoy some of the pieces people make and I appreciate the skills and ingenuity it takes to make such fine works of art.

I am a machinist and advanced welder with quite a nice shop. A link I shall supply at the end of this post.

After reading many things on here I am impressed. And I have learned a thing or two along the way.

I am quirky, and sometimes have a little attitude but im a straight shooter and honest if you will accept me I would like to be apart of the club.

Heres the link to my shop.

http://s721.photobucket.com/albums/ww212/ieezitin/Machine shop/The Machine shop/

All the best Anthony.

Hahaha great post. Welcome to the forums. You're not the only quirky member here, one of 'em is typing this reply. ;D

Nice shop, thanks for sharing.

Welcome to HMEM ieezitin.

Very nice shop you have there!

Rick

So Lee', are you getting interested in machining a model yet? You've certainly been here long enough. ;D Clean and organized shop you have there. I take it you do a fair amount of woodworking. Jump in with both feet and try out either the E-Z or the Pug engines in the download section of the forum, and don't forget the pictures, we ALL like pictures.

BC1
Jim

Welcome. No problem with newbies here. I'm one rung lower, a BEGINNER. I decided to get old first and then start machining.

I don't personally know these people but I think it appears that they are being themselves. I wasn't looking for a cultural exchange when I joined up and they have far surpassed my expectations on every level.

Join in, have fun, be safe.

Ed

ieezitin,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Maybe piece by piece with lots of grease. ???

Best Regards
Bob

ieezitin,

Welcome,

I have only just joined after deciding to try my hand at machining. Never thought I would make a model, couldn't see the sense in it really, but here I am having a go at the EZ. (not so easy) so far I have succeeded in making some scrap aluminium and managed to short circuit and blow the power board of my new lathe. All in three weeks!

Never thought that it would be so much fun. I never did so much damage building a 36foot yacht??

As others have said, a very friendly and helpful mob here.

Cheers from the land down under. (Tasmania)

KenM

Hi guys.

I thank you all for your cheerful welcome and compliments.

Vernon, seems our match of being a little off center comes from the fact we eat the same crabs from our beloved Chesapeake Bay. I am here in Galena Md right at the top on the eastern shore.

XR6T. Oh well nice start to your hobby. Believe me your blunders now will serve you well for the future. A little tip about machining, Its easy nothing to it. The trick is to know the tricks and with the aid of the internet all the necessary information needed is a click away that’s why groups like this are so valuable.

Second piece of advice is confidence, if your not sure its going to work do it anyways if it screws up who cares do it again. What you receive by doing this is confidence.

Nice to see a large representation of our cousins down there in the southern hemisphere, my mother ( god bless her ) who is 4ft 11 inches and an ex- London double Decker bus driver ( now retired ) has a sister who lives in Gladstone, every winter she fly’s down there for two moths just to get drunk and lay around the house doing nothing.

Funny I have always wanted to go to Australia.

All the best. Anthony.

Latest posts

Back