Hi from Wales

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanClogwyn

Reaction score
Hi there, new site user here. I'm taking delivery of a Unimat SL tomorrow having rekindled my desire to build small engines. I have some shop experience from college where I was training as a marine engineer, although the course called mostly for making tools (all of which I still use as it happens!) I managed to sneak a few bits of steam engineering in there, completing an oscillating engine from castings.

This time I'm aiming for a fairly simple horizontal open crank 4 stroke, currently in the design process. It's taken a lot of inspiration from putputman's 'Tiny' engine, although mine is set to be much larger with 1x1.5" cylinder.

Anyway, that's my intro out the way, I can now go back to the drawing board, or even ebay to gather some more tools!

Hi and welcome,where in Wales are you ,I'm living in Llandaff North near Cardiff
Don

Hi Alan,
Welcome from the other (currently sunnier) side of the planet.
Jim

Hi everyone and thanks!

Don I'm near Pwllheli on the Llyn Peninsula, a fair bit further North!

Cheers again, can't wait to get the little Unimat fired up in earnest and some engines knocked out, it's giving me a headache working out how to fit the components on the little critter to make them though!

Project Number one is a baseplate with central support for the milling column so the X axis uses the main lathe bed not the cross slide which should roughly double the travel in X and Y directions.

Latest posts

Back