Hi From Sydney (Down Under)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pat1967

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thought it was time to introduce myself after lurking around for a few months now watching the works in progress and gaining insperation from you all. My names Pat and I've been interested in engineering in general for many many years. I always dreamt of building a model V8 engine, but didn't have the resources previously to attempt one. A few years back now, I ordered the plans for the Schilling's V8 from Germany. I modelled the engine up in solid works and actually started machining some of the basic components but was never really happy with it. Several months ago (after seeing Steve Hucks's build) I decided it was time for a revamp of the engine and to attempt some of the serious machining which I had been "scared" of, and procrastinated over, I'm glad I did now.

It still sits in solid works only 50% complete (block, pistons, conrods and crank modelled and moving!) Progress to date is limited to roughing out a 100x100x200 block of 6061 to something that resembles a block and my first attempt at machining the 8 conrods. They're done on a Sieg X3 which I converted to cnc from scratch a few years back. Unfortunately I didn't have a camera available at the time I made these, so all I have to show is pretty much the almost complete conrods baring the big and little end bushes.

I'll make an effort to catch photos along the build and start a thread in the work in prgress for it, it'll be a few weeks before I get any further serious machining done.

btw, this site is a gold mine of talent! and I hope to be able to contribute in the near future.

Pat

DCP02257.JPG

welcome to the forum looks like you are off to a good start.
Tin

wEc1 Pat ,from an Aussie at Coffs Harbour.Hope to see you up here some time.

Regards, Ian (seagar)

Pat,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks Guys,

Next bits off the list will be the pistons, while I sort out a source for the bronze bushes to finish off the conrods ... This time with pics :)

Pat

Pat;
Judging by the work on the rods, I look forward to following any future postings on your projects - I need the education and incentive :big:. Welcome to the site.

Cheers from Canada (Up Over)

Garry

Latest posts

Back