Hi from Staffordshire

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithygar

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm Allan from near Leek in Staffordshire. After quite a while being into amateur astronomy (can't do it when it's rainy, or cloudy, or in summer due to light nights :( ) I decided it's time to get into a new hobby.
Browsing the magazines in a newsagents I came across some of the model engineering magazines & started to wonder if model engineering is my new hobby?
I've spent the last few weeks looking at various sites & doing a bit of research concerning equipment. I've just got to decide if I'm going to bite the bullet & get spending :) .
Regards,
Allan

Hi Allan,

Model engineering is certainly a good way to spend time and money and to use your brain. And to meet some wonderful people.

Jim

Welcome to the forum.
lot of helpful folk here.
Tin

Hi Allan, welcome to the forum. I had a young man work for me for several years, his hobby was making telescopes. He ground his own mirrors, made his own stands, motorised them to keep the planets in view etc. I only had a look one night, but was blown away by what I could see.

I find making anything on my machines to be therapeutic, and to put all the pieces together at the end and have it run, is enjoyable.

Paul.

Back