Hi from South Wales, UK

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taff224

Reaction score
Evening all,

I've just come across the forums and website as I am looking for help with my Great Grandfathers work...see my other post:

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/f26/help-great-grandfathers-models-22061/

I'm an engineer by training ( Aerospace degree) but most of my work has been large scale stuff - Aircraft, weapon systems etc.

I tend to jump hobbies mainly as i get started and can't carry on due to lack of space at home! (yes the blacksmithing forge didn't go down well with the neighbours)

So having picked up some of my GGrandfathers work I thought I might see how much space this hobby takes.

Any suggestions on the other thread would be great...give me time to get something set up and i might get some results back.

Chris
South Wales , UK

Chris this hobby does not need to take up a large amount of space. You can set up in a small room a closet a kitchen table if needed.
you may need to think big and machine small.
Sherline tools may be the way to go .
the SIEG mini lathe and mini mill are also options.
Tin

Hi Chris ,welcome,you've come to the right forum.
Where in s.wales are you I'm in Llandaff north
Don

Chris,

I live near ross on wye, welcome to a great forumn

Regards

Colin

Hi Colin,

Give me some time to work out what is what and i may give you a shout for some advice...there is a stack of things in my Aunts garage and a train (about a foot high and 3 feet long) at my parents...both of them want to clear space and would like items to go to good homes.

I'll be back on the boards once work calms down after Christmas.

Chris

Hi taff224
Welcome to HMEM.
Auntie with garage, parents with stuff to clear,;) sounds like heaven to me.:cool:
Blacksmithing with the forge & the neighbours. :eek: Yep understand that one!
Chris. Best of luck with your choice whatever it may be.

Latest posts

Back