Hi from Inverness

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redpiperbob

Reaction score
Oopp'sss sorry Tin blown it on my first post.
Hi everyone
My names Bob I live just outside Inverness in Scotland. I am 58 and a widower and work as a service engineer in the copier business. My interests are radio controlled flying live steam locos and model engineering in general. I also dabble in photography and enjoy reading.

Bob

Hello Bob

wEc1

Welcome to HMEM

No you haven't 'blown it' m8 lol
& sorry I cant help you out with a myford

but you have found an ace comunity here where everyone has a laugh and helps each other out

hope you get a lathe soon
looking forward to seeing your engines as they are built

regards
Andy

;D ;D

Hi Bob, from the other end of the Caledonian and a wee bit down from OBAN, and welcome to HMEM.

Don't know if it is of any interest to you but I know where there is a 'DRUMMOND' 3 1/2" lathe... I think it is an M-TYPE which is almost identical to the Myford ML7.

It was in fact built by Myford and is the lathe that the ML7 was derived from.

As far as I recall it has a full change gear set, chuck, faceplate etc and the spindle nose is the same as the ML7.

At present it is stored in an unheated building in Lochgilphead and is, as a consequence, suffering a bit from the damp... quite how much I would need to investigate more fully, however, from what I recall (last saw it about 4 years ago), it was mainly surface rust.

I am sure that a good number of the ML7 type attachments will fit it, with little or no modification, so it could well form the basis of a good lathe setup.

I have just checked with it's owner and it is still available so if it is of any interest to you I can investigate a bit further and perhaps arrange for you to come over and see it for yourself.... I am sure you could get it for a reasonably low sum.

let me know. (email or PM)

Best Regards.

Sandy. ;) ;) ;D ;D

Hi Bob, welcome to HMEM.

Chuck

Welcome to the forum Bob.
I hope you find something soon and get busy.
We'll want to see it when you get it!

Hi Bob, glad you could join our little group ;)

Sounds like Sandy may have found you a long term project, have fun and dont forget to keep us updated .......... with pictures :D

Most of all, enjoy yourself 8)

CC

Bob,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob another one

Bob:
You are forgiven. Welcome !!! My first though was that you were a piper. Now I see you fly a model one LOL Us admin types sometimes have to make a quick call as to a newby here wanting to learn about model engines and those just wanting to use the collective knowledge for personal gain. Hope you find the right lathe.
Tin

"radio controlled flying live steam locos"
WOW I have got to see one of them! :big: :big: :big:

Just kidding, welcome to HMEM
-B-

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody.

Worked those items back in the 70's GAF blueprinters, ammonia based. Enjoyable occupation dealing with the public.
Foozer I had to give up with the blueprinters I became allergic to ammonia.These digital ones are much friendlier. and are a great source for bits and pieces.
"radio controlled flying live steam locos"
Krown Kustoms :big: :big: The first was The Rocket Built by some guy called Stevenson i believe.
My first though was that you were a piper. Now I see you fly a model one LOL
Tin I once built one the covered in red instead of Yellow it stuck ever since. I like red.
I'll keep in touch.

Bob

Latest posts

Back