Hi from Hampshire, UK

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LADmachining

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have just found this site from a link somebody posted on the model-engineer.co.uk forum. Glad I found it! There is a lot of good work being shown-off!

I have had my own workshop for about 7 years now. My main insterest is internal combustion engines, although I have a number of steam projects completed and in-progress. I have moved workshop twice in this time, so some projects have been on-going a lot longer than they should have been.

A list of my major projects so far...

2002 - Tubal Cain 'Polly' steam engine (complete)
2002 - LBSC Tich (in progress 20% done)
2002 - Stuart 10V Steam (in progress 15%)
2003 - JE Howell 'Bill' (complete)
2003 - JE Howell 'Powerhouse' (95% done)
2004 - Edwards 5 Cylinder Radial (40% done)
2004 - JE Howell 'SideShaft' Vacuum Engine (95% done)
2008 - Webster NGEZE 1cc Diesel (complete)
2009 - Motorboys 1939 M&M Replica (33% done)
2009 - Motorboys Vivell 09 Diesel Replica (50% done)

Actually seems like a lot when I list them like that.... :eek:

I really must get round to finishing the 95% projects before starting something else - they are stuck on parts that *could* be difficult to make, but in the end usually turn out to be no problem at all.

A picture of 'Bill', before final polishing and tidying...
Complete8.jpg

The NGEZE during its first run..
IMG_1976.jpg

Regards,

Anthony

Welcome to the Mayhem Anthony,

Where in Hampshire, I'm in Gosport. Also add it to you profile so people can see long after this thread moves down the list.

Fantastic work and quite a 'to-do' list, look forward to seeing more.

Al

Hi Al,

I am in Southampton, so not far away from you at all. Thanks for the comments!

I am working through my collection of pictures, and finding some more to post. Must admit that a). a lot of them aren't of the engines in a completed state, and b). my photography is probably not that brilliant (or rather, it has improved more over time).

Here is my version of JE Howells 'Powerhouse' in its 'nearly done' state!

DSCF0004.jpg

This is 'Polly'. My first workshop project. I was very pleased when it ran perfectly on the first run (or was it just luck?) ;D

VerticalSteam3_mod.jpg

Anthony

Welcome to the forum! That's a nice collection of engines you've posted. :bow:

Welcome to the forum Anthony, and ......... nice work 8)

CC

Welcome to the forum Anthony.
Very nice work! Very nice engines!
As for the the Works In Progress...well...get a thread going in WIP!
We want to follow! ;D

welcome
nice work
I am glad I am not the only one whos list of works in progress is longer than finished ones
Tin

Hi Anthony, welcome to the forum. Lots of nice engines you have there. Glad you found us!

Chuck

Anthony,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Well, thank you for the very warm welcome everyone! Having browsed the forum for a few days and had a good read, the atmosphere in here seems a lot more relaxed - other sites seem to be more about out-doing other posters and knocking their ideas rather than encouraging them. All your comments have certainly inspired to me to get my other projects finished.

Tin Falcon said:
welcome
nice work
I am glad I am not the only one whos list of works in progress is longer than finished ones
Tin

You should see the list of projects on my 'to be built - one day' list. That would fill a whole post just by itself! Here is a taster (in no particular order):-
LC Mason's 'Mastiff' http://www.hemingwaykits.com/acatalog/The_Mastiff___L_C_Mason.html
Ohrndorf V12 http://www.engineman.de/plan_12zyl_eng.html
Hodgson 9 Radial www.agelessengines.com
Randall Cox's Open-6 (Model Engine Builder magazine#1)

When I embarked upon this hobby, I was warned that buying the lathe was just the start, and that you could double that cost on tools and materials. Nobody mentioned doubling that again on books, plans, magazines etc! :big:

@Maryak - I spent a couple of hours reading through the post on your 3cc diesel you built recently. Some good work there! I can totally relate to the feeling of getting this collection of metal parts that you have spent weeks toiling over burst into life and produce noise and smoke. th_wav

I will work on posting some pictures of my current project - the Vivell 09 diesel http://www.modelenginenews.org/vivell/index.html

Anthony

Latest posts

Back