Hey from WV

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spectre

Reaction score
Hello, I found this forum when I was looking for some help on aligning my x2 mini mill spindle/column and it seems like a good place to learn. I'm kind of new to the home machinist hobby but it's one of many things I like to do in my spare time. I have a mini mill and an 8 x 12 lathe from harbor freight. I've used the mill way more than the lathe but I hope to learn how to use both. I also work on my car (2003 cobra mustang) and just about anything that catches my short attention span.
Oh yeah, I'm from Morgantown, WV (Go mountaineers!).

Spectre,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome Spectre. Saw your other post concerning spindle/column alignment over in the Machine Modifications section, posted a response, hope it helps. Lots of X-2 and mini-mill users here, lots of us newbies still learning.

Regards,
Rudy

Welcome to the forum spectre, as you have already found out this is a great place to learn for newcomers and old timers alike.

Regards,
Bill

Thanks everyone. And Rudy, I went to work on the column and spindle some more and I think I got it fairly close. That's a pain in the butt!! Thanks for your help. After I get the mill all squared up I think I'm gonna try to CNC it. I'm not exactly the fastest at the stuff I do...I'm usually too OCD about small details.

Welcome Spectre.
I have a fair amount of info in the cnc area on how to . I converted my X-2
I used the steel plans but there are som advantage to the Fignogle design.
Tin

Back