Help with pattern making

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryker Carruthers

Reaction score
I am in need of a pattern to be made for a 1 1/2'' scale locomotive, I would rather not do this my self. It will be going onto an allen models mogul. The finished casting will need to be 8'' in diameter not counting the flange. here is a link to the prototype picture
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1848148
I can make a drawing to help if needed. If you can help please send me a pm and let me know how much you would want to do this.
Thanks, Ryker Carruthers
I forgot to add I need a pattern made for the pilot wheels also, finished 5'' diameter not counting flange

I am hoping to have one made, I havent seen one that looks close enough to bo used

I have my patterns rapid prototyped these days , it has got much cheaper of late and the results are excellent.

Plus 1 for the rapid prototype. There are a number of on line services...it will be far more accurate.

You will need to discuss the final product with whom ever your going to have pour the iron. Some foundries want all patterns on match plates. Not a big deal, but it will affect gates and risers ect.

Dave

Additionally, I would check with Friends Locomotive. I know they have various wheel castings in stock,,,,at least for those pilot wheels strike a memory nerve... They're in Woburn Mass.

Dave

not too well :-\
I cant do rapid prototyping because I dont Have a way of using CAD, I have been on the friends models web page and I looked through it again to be shure. The drivers there are too small and not enough spokes and he doesnt have any pilot wheels of this scale. I might just have to suck it up and work with the brown stuff I have an artical from live steam that explains how to do so.
Thanks, Ryker

Hi Ryker,
PM sent.
gbritnell

Back