Help with a knurling tool

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for your input WOB,but I beg to disagree.The knurls do cut,do produce chips and produce good quality knurls.Proably not as good as
the Dorian but what is the price of yours.I assume you have bought it
or have a commercial attachment to it.I have seen an animated video of
the Dorian and it looks brilliant,as an animation.What does it cut like in
real life.However I digress.I will admit that my homemade tool is not to the same std as yours or the same price.All I can say it does cut and produce
a good quality knurl,and the price,next to nothing.Perhaps you could upload
a real life video and let us know the price. Regards barry

If you are in a production environment making dozens or even hundreds of knurls per day, then I think the Dorian could pay for itself within a very short time, but what we do normally in our little empires, doing knurling only every so often, then Baz's offering is the perfect solution to what we really require.
I have in my shop some of these very expensive bits of tooling that were bought (not by me) to carry out some production machining being put through my shop in a previous life. Now they are just languishing there, hardly ever used. Very nice to have when you can use them, but definitely not essential for what we get up to.

John

Latest posts

Back