help needed

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deatharena89

Reaction score
helllo everyone iam new to this forum joined today....iam ganesh from india..

iam just making my new laminar flow engine..instead of graphite as piston iam using glass syringe as piston....when i try to run the engine...the piston just gives backward movement not forward movement....i.e it does not give an oscillating movement... plaese help me......

Image009.jpg

Image010.jpg

Image011.jpg

Hi Ganesh, welcome to the forum.
Not sure of why your problem.
Where are you putting your heat source?
How are you supporting your engine over the fire?
Some guesses.
Too much restriction between test tube and syringe?
Too much friction on syringe?
Too much area of the unfilled area of test tube?
Maybe move the regenerative material a little away from the end of test tube for a little unfilled area at end.
Maybe add a little more regenerative material to reduce open space between test tube and syringe connection.
Gary

Ganesh

Welcome to HMEM Ganesh. I am sorry that I am unable to help you with your engine problem but there will be others that understand that type of engine better that I am sure will answer your call for help. We are a friendly bunch here and will try and help in any way we can. I look forward to seeing more of this engine.

Cheers :)

Don

ghart3 said:
Hi Ganesh, welcome to the forum.
Not sure of why your problem.
Where are you putting your heat source?
How are you supporting your engine over the fire?
Some guesses.
Too much restriction between test tube and syringe?
Too much friction on syringe?
Too much area of the unfilled area of test tube?
Maybe move the regenerative material a little away from the end of test tube for a little unfilled area at end.
Maybe add a little more regenerative material to reduce open space between test tube and syringe connection.
Gary
iam applying the heat at the end of the regenerator material....as you said i will increase the regenerative material and fill the space....thank you sir....

Garnesh,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Back