HELP!! All of my Youtube posts are black screen

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Rupnow

Design Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Does anybody know what is going on? Many of my posts on this forum have YouTube links in them to videos of whatever machine is being posted about. This week, all of my posts that contain a YouTube link appear only as a big black rectangle where the post should be. Apparently other folks can still see the posts on their computer, but I can't on mine. I know that Photobucket is having problems right now, but I'm talking about YouTube links.---Brian

I can also see your videos fine so it's likely not a YouTube issue. I've experienced similar black rectangles on the forum from time to time, possibly just a loading error on my end, but normally I can click on the black and the video will still play. Can you see other peoples videos? It would be a really unusual issue if it was only your videos experiencing it.

This is making me crazy!! I have notified Angie, and had no response from her. EDIT--EDIT--I can not see anybodys videos on this forum. I can see videos clearly on other forums. What the heck is going on

I can not see anyone's videos on this forum. what the heck is going on??
Brian,

I checked using two different Internet Browsers, and I can see your Youtube videos on my computers, so the problem is probably associated with your Internet Browser.

I don't know which Internet Browser you're using (or which Operating System), but as a generic answer, I'd suggest that the cookies for this forum have probably gotten themselves messed up on your computer.

The easiest way to fix the problem, if corrupted cookies are the problem, is to delete all of the cookies for this forum.

If you use Firefox, you'll find the option to delete the cookies under the menu; [Edit] [Preferences] [Privacy] [Remove Individual Cookies]. Find the cookies that match up with the web address for this forum, and delete them. Hopefully, when you log in to the forum again, your Youtube problem will be resolved.

If you use a different Internet Browser, deleting the cookies will be a different set of menu selections, but the basic principle will be the same. Some Internet Browsers don't permit the deletion of only the Cookies associated with one specific web site - so if that is the situation with the Internet Browser that you use, then you'll need to delete all cookies.

If you use Google Chrome (or Google Chromium) as your Internet Browser, the menu selections are; [Edit] [Preferences] [Advanced] [Clear Browsing Data] then ensure that ONLY "Cookies and Other Site & Plugin Data" and "Cached Images & Files" is ticked. The click on [Clear Browsing Data]. Google Chrome and Google Cromium are examples of Internet Browsers that do not allow you to delete the Cookies for an individual web site, so you have to delete all cookies for all web sites that you've visited.

Deleting the cookies for a web site has different effects depending on how the web site developer designed the web site. Looking at the cookies on my Firefox Browser, suggests that the majority of web sites that I visit are using cookies to manage the advertising that they deliver to me.

I just did a test of deleting cookies for this forum to make sure that it does not break the viewing of the forum in some way.

Deleting this forum's cookies has minimal effect, namely; 1) I had to log in again, 2) the history record of what posts I had previously read was lost, so when I selected [New Posts] I got a very long list of posts the first time.

So, hopefully

Latest posts

Back