Hello

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phantom0_1

Reaction score
I have been lurking around for a while now so I thought it was time I said HELLO.... :D
Thought I would post a few pics of my shop to start things off.....
DSCF0031-1.jpg

DSCF0033-1.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

DSCF0036-1.jpg

DSCF0039-1.jpg

verry nice setup and got it in the attic aswell i see i wish the missus would let me do that oooohhh the thought of central heating
i love the way youve used a battery drill for the power feed shows some real inventiveness
anyway hi there from wythenshawe manchester and welcome to HMEM

Welcome nice shop setup . Have you built any engines yet. ?
Tin

Hi Johntomp
Thanks for the warm welcome, I am the other side of Manchester from you and was working in your area six months ago, small world.
I dont have a garage so the attic is the only place for the machines. The central heating is one advantage, there are several others.
There are some disadvantages, getting that lot up two flights of stairs is one.
I finished making the power feed only a couple of weeks ago. I have wanted one for ages but didnt want to spend £300 on one.
The drill was used but in good condition apart from the chuck, wouldnt grip a drill properly, so I decided to give it a try.
I have to say I am very happy with it. The little hand wheel at the end is to slide it out of the way to use the hand wheel on the left, I am left handed.

Hi Tin Falcon
Thanks for the welcome.
I origionaly bought the lathe and mill to restore some old Mamod engines that I had collected and were in need of some tlc.
My interest in machining has grown since then and I am now starting to think about making my own.
I have made a small wobbler/oscilator engine out of bits of bar stock I was given.
No one is more suprised than me, it looks rough, but runs ok.
I am planning to have a go at the EZ engine next, I havent had any training in machining so it will prob take me a while to do.

HEY THAT IS A REALLY GREAT LOOKING SHOP, I DONT GO UP AND DOWN STAIRS ANYMORE, SO ATTIC AND BASEMENT IS OUT FOR ME, RIGHT NOW ANYWAY. WELL I SEE I POKED THE WRONG BUTTON AGAIN AND CAP LOCK IS ON. THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT PICTURES OF YOUR SHOP. LARRY1

Welcome to the forum Phantom0_1.

Nice setup. Be sure and do a build thread when you start that engine.

Phantom0_1

Welcome aboard. wEc1

I'm looking forward to seeing your projects.

SAM

Phantom0_1 said:
Hi Johntomp
Thanks for the warm welcome, I am the other side of Manchester from you and was working in your area six months ago, small world.
I dont have a garage so the attic is the only place for the machines. The central heating is one advantage, there are several others.
There are some disadvantages, getting that lot up two flights of stairs is one.
I finished making the power feed only a couple of weeks ago. I have wanted one for ages but didnt want to spend £300 on one.
The drill was used but in good condition apart from the chuck, wouldnt grip a drill properly, so I decided to give it a try.
I have to say I am very happy with it. The little hand wheel at the end is to slide it out of the way to use the hand wheel on the left, I am left handed.
if your anywhere near rochdale centre go to britania scrap metal processors yard near the cemetary hotel its full of decent sized brass stock offcuts cheap its one of my favourite haunts should get you started on building your skills without breaking the bank
john ;D

Phantom,
Welcome to HMEM.

That looks like a really nice place to work. Having heat and A/C is really nice, as is a convenient kitchen and loo ;D

welcome and a helloo
nice clean work area there i like the drill motor idea may give it a go

457236.png

Welcome to our Phorum :) wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome.
I have printed out the drawings and instructions for the E Z engine and ordered the materials, hopefully they will arrive before weekend.
I will try and remember to post on progress as long as you don't mind my stupid/daft questions.
Frazer, I didn't have to sneak the machinery past the GF it was here before she was. ;D
The new bits arrive during the week when she isn't here. ::)
The modifications and improvements I have made to the lathe and mill I am happy to admit I got the ideas from posts on here or your web sites, thanks for sharing them (I did say I had been lurking for a while).
I just altered the mods to suite the materials or gear I had to hand.
Tony

Welcome Tony. That looks like a nice, clean setup you have there. What are those two very large, heavy-looking black things on your computer desk? :big:

-Trout

They look like a pair of robotic hooters t'me Trout.

Welcome Tony

Yep they are two very old fashioned cathode ray monitors and they are very heavy. ;D
They still work perfectly so I don't see the point of replacing them.
If I replaced things simply because they are old, I would be throwing myself out the door as well.
They come in handy if I have several apps open, no overlapping windows and sometimes larger print to read. ;D

I liked my version better ;)

Latest posts

Back