Hello from West Lafayette, Indiana

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobweb81

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been observing here for a few months now and enjoy the forum. Watch it every day. I run a Machine shop at Purdue University, for Mechanical Engineering students. They use the shop to build class projects and for research related work. In my spare time I like to build engines form scratch or from castings. I have built the 1/2 scale Fairbanks Morse eclipse, Jerry Howells "power house" engine and a few steam engines. I am currently working on 1/4 scale 7hp Perkins hit and miss engine. I have nearly completed the Quorn grinder. I have a 10 x 50 Enco mill, a 14 x 48 Clausing lathe, old reid surface grinder, saws, welder, and two Tormach PCNC 1100 mills one with tool changer. I use the Tormach mills to produce accessory items for handguns that I sell on Ebay. Generally I stay very busy and dont have as much time to spend on the engine hobby as I would like. Adam

How long have you worked at Purdue? I purchased a Cincinnati Tracer mill from the college around 1999, was just like new with 2 rotary tables. Nice old machine.:) I am from the Columbus area. Mike

One of my engines. Fairbanks Morse Eclipse No 1A Pumping engine 1/2 scale.

IMG_9848.jpg

Wow, that is perfect! Love the colour, would that have been original to the Fairbanks Morse?

No, Mbusha I don't think they ever made one in purple, thanks for noticing. I do get tired of the same old colors and like to be different. Whether or not someone likes the color they still remember it.

Latest posts

Back