Hello from TX

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchlandry

Reaction score
Hello, Newbie here and have been lurking for a while admiring all the magnificent work done by all. Finally bit the bullet and have a MicroLux 7x16 lathe on the way (xmas to self). Still need to get tooling, but i'm sure i will have plenty of questions once i get started.

Welcome Mitch. The Micromark gets high praise from those who use it. What are you thinking for a first project?

Phil

Honestly have no clue on first project. I have some odds and ends I need to turn, but no true full project. I would like to venture into steam down the road, so I may head down that path once I get a mill.

I think the first order of business is the learning side of things. The only lathe experience I have is woodworking making pens, no metal experience.
I will probably find various mini projects just to learn different techniques even though they won't apply to any bigger project.

A warm welcome to the forum, Mitch, Christmas is just around the corner ;)
Stew.

Hello from a fellow Texan who is currently working in Alaska.
Hope to see a build on here. These gentleman sure can build beautiful things.

Well, finally got the lathe setup and starting messing with it. For a quick learning project I decided to make a pen using one of my left over pen kits for wood. Next step is to make a pen with integrated tip and end cap, basically just a 2 piece pen.

pen.jpg

Latest posts

Back