Hello from the Rubber Capital of the World

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBPatchin

Reaction score
Hello all.

Came across this site from the CNC Cookbook website. Was pretty impressed with it and decided to join up. When I first dove into the Machine Trades one of my first projects was a steam engine. If it didn't run, you didn't pass into the CNC portion of trade school. Long story short, been in the trade just under 6 years as a job shop machinist, primarily a CNC Lathe Machinist.

Anyhow, here's the only picture I have of my first Steam Engine. All of it was made manually to display our knowledge of the machines. I still have the prints, minus a page or two. Would love to find the set again, no luck though. All I know is it was called a Hercules Steam Engine.

10394777_1550747071832637_2309152251373743462_n.jpg

Welcome. I'm new here too, and have already learned a lot. I bet somebody will recognize your steam engine, too.

I won't ask about the "rubber capitol" thing!

Chris

Welcome. I'm new here too, and have already learned a lot. I bet somebody will recognize your steam engine, too.

I won't ask about the "rubber capitol" thing!

Chris

Akron, OH is sometimes recognized as the "Rubber Capital of the World" because of the Goodyear and Firestone/Bridgestone presence in the area.

My first thought was Las Vegas.... :eek:

Nice engine! Wish my first one came out looking that good.

Welcome JBPatchin, I am sure you will have fun here and contribute to the discussions.

Jim

Welcome to the forum, the Rubber Capital had me worried for a minute, unusual claim to fame. The state that I live in, Victoria, is know as the garden state.

Paul.

Welcome from faraway Little Red Dot Singapore--------Garden City,Recycled Water City and Fine City( We have too many fines,caught littering and its $500 fine,Driniking and Eating on our trains--------S$500).

Hi JB
There are quite a few Ohioans here, I am in Medina. Still working on my first engine. Yours looks great !

Welcome

Scott

Latest posts

Back