Hello from Norway

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kherseth

Reaction score
Hi folks.

Been lurking around this forum a couple of weeks and just signed up for an account :D

I`m 24years old, currently living o a small island a bit south of the arctic circle. Finished my education as a electronics engineer 1,5 years ago(still no job tough:p).

Got started with basic machining a couple of weeks ago when i found that i needed some equipment for my beer brewing. The local "community" shop do have a lathe which nobody use(other than me now), so i went to town and got myself a HSS tool blank, now mixing between grinding the tools and turning steel. Got really lucky with material, went to a workshop and asked if they could sell me some round steel, they could, but with the small amounts i requested they just gave it to me and told me to come back later for more.

I`ll see if i can upload a couple of images of the malt mill once it is done. It does not look good, but it is my first project :)

Suppose thats it, looking forwards to getting to know you all.

Kim

Welcome Kim. Sounds like you are off and running with your machine work, already found a local source for materials, and hopefully can fine all the inspiration and whatever help you may need here on HMEM. Glad to have you.

Regards,
Bill

Halla Kim!!

Hvordan går det?

That is about all i remember from one of my bosses!!!

Great to have you here and look forward to seeing your brewery!!

Andrew

Thanks for the welcome :)

Bill, already found lots of both inspiration and help here, some sweet looking engines. Makes me wanna build one myself but that will have to wait a little while.

Andrew, i`m just fine, how about you? Have you worked in Norway since you`ve had a norwegian boss?

Kim

Hi Kim,

That was almost 6 years ago now...
And it was when i lived in the Middle East, in Dubai.
Unfortunately i have never had the opportunity to visit Norway.

Andrew

Kim,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome to the party

Dave

Latest posts

Back