Hello From Moline Illinois USA

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proflooney

Reaction score
Hi guys I am new here and new to making model engines. I am pretty proficient in Solidworks and thought to start out by drawing some stuff in there first so I get to understanding how the parts go together etc.

I bought Agless engines Bentley BR-2 plans a while back and just started drawing them up in Solidworks but it isnt the engine I been wanting to do. I would like to do an Allison V12 or a Gnome Rotory or similar that I can also design and build a plane around and fly with the engine. I do have factory Drawings for a Sopwith Snipe to go with the Bentley but I just got the engine plans and plane plans on a whim to study to decide if I wanted to try my hand at making an engine.

I am big into WWI planes so radials and rotories are nice. I didnt care for the others ageless had but dunno who else sells engines and I am not really into steam though would possibly think of doing something like a steam engine to model the African Queen and float it around.

I am a Journeyman Millwright by trade and a Mechanical Designer and Museum Model Builder Freelance

Im 49 yrs old and my first grandson just abt to turn 9 months old on the 7th of feb.

Shortly I will be heading to phoenix fpor 6 months to build several 5th scale Radio Controlled Aircraft for the Discovery channel.

well thats all the fun goodies on myself. Glad to join you guys.

joe

Joe

Welcome to HMEM Joe. Glad to have you aboard. It sounds like you have an exciting job ahead of you for a few months. Possibly you can give us a heads up when your work makes it to the big screen to be shown. I realize that you won't be able to tell us too much about the project before it airs. I wish you the best of luck with it. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

thanks guys not sure when it even being filmed. I know right now its a 4 yr project with 80 planes 4 of each type with squadron markings numerically etc. and then theres a few of the really weird and obscure german jets. they also have a 33 ft by 66 ft ho scale railroad I have to make a dozen ships for. they arent telling us anything but what they need etc they really quiet on their projects. I sent them plans for a couple WWI and WWII planes for the dogfight series and never knew when they were coming out til the show aired lol.

tonight I been trying to find info on model engine making stuff but not sure what to put into search engines. the few stuff I do find seems to be all steam stuff and im more into IC engines. would love to get ahold of an allison v12 but ive seen some cool big block chevy engines but nothing abt where to byuy or download plans from (((

Joe

PS my website http://www.proflooney.net will have build threads as I do the planes. I need to redo my forum though as they moved me to a diff server and it screwed up the forum. I been working on a 1:1 scale P-51 Mustang model design for the FT Meyers airport terminal they are building if anyones in that area.

Joe,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back