hello from liverpool

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peatoluser

Reaction score
Never realised how long i've been lurking, so it's about time to say hello properly. After having seen some 5" gauge locos at a local park a few years ago, i've always fancied the idea of trying to build one. And a visit to York railway museum just whetted the appetite. With a house move two years ago to finaly, one with a garage, I figured, if I can keep some of the budget back from THE BOSS I can set up a nice little workshop ;D. Unfortunately when she suggested " If we knock down the chimney breast, we can turn the living room into a kitchen and the kitchen into the living room" (god knows why) , Well bang went the budget :(. And when my son became a victom of the credit crunch and brought home the mother of all snap on tool boxes from his job , and the missus said "we can put the spare fridge/freezer/washing machine etc in the garage" bang went the space :'(. But what the hell I WANT TO BUILD A STEAM ENGINE ! So here I am, with a 5' by 2' work bench a second hand tiag/peatol lathe that is a dream to use, a new chinese bench drill that would have been better of left in it's box, an angle griner, bench grinder and a dremel. But hey, it's my corner of heaven :) and I enjoy time spent there. At the moment i'm just making some of the easy parts for an A4 pacific, but come the new year i'll start on something easier. The only thing better than this hobby is finding a forum like this. Inspiring to read about so many peoples efforts and helpful with so many tips. it's great to be a member.
yours, peter.

Peter

Welcome to HMEM Peter. It sure sounds like you have the determination to make things happen in spite of what setbacks you may come up against. You will note that there are a lot of fellow model engine builders such as yourself on the forum and all will be only to happy to answer any questions that they can. I look forward to hearing more about your building and perhaps some pictures as you have the time. In the meantime enjoy the forum. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

Peter,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Hi Peter
wEc1 aboard you gonna love it here, great bunch of people.

Ken

Hi Peter from another Peter in the same part of the world.

Peter

welcome man give 'er a go. lots of info and helpful folks here .
Tin

Latest posts

Back