Hello From Indiana!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sk8Ter

Reaction score
Hello name is Lawrence I live in Portage IN and am building a small shop for my projects..I am very new to machining

I don't have much interest in small engines or locomotive stuff but love the V-8 powered stuff!!

now your going to ask why would i join etc....well looking over and reading many postings you all seem like very a great bunch of guys!!

also very knowledgeable in everything that we have in common (machining) so here i am

my projects are audio related (stereo hifi) and skate related as i am an avid rollerskater

some of my equipment:
I just bought a like new Myford super 7 coming from the uk
I have micromark 7X16 lathe
I have an X2 mill
I have an g0704 mill that will be converted to cnc
and lastly an old Hendey conehead lathe that i am restoring

Hi there Lawrence, I am down here in Terre Haute. You picked a chaotic day to join in on the fun here as the sudden software/ownership change has thrown folks for a loop. I suspect things will be back to normal soon, but in the meantime I wanted to extend Hoosier handshake.

It sounds like you have some nice equipment on the way. You'll have to post some pics when you get it in, or a couple thousand of us my appear on your doorstep some afternoon for a tour :)

Lawrence,

Like Brian said, what a day to show up with everyone in a tizzy! Here's another welcome from another Hoosier.

--Tim

Hi Lawrence,
Welcome aboard. How about a little more info on your projects. Are you going to make a turntable for your audio system? :)
And congrats on the Myford. I have had a fully tooled Super 7 for a long time so if you need any advice just ask. (Of course free advice is worth what you pay for it!) The MyfordLathes group on Yahoo is great bunch and helpful too.
Cordially...Maurice

Thanks guys for the welcome....wondering is there any maching clubs in NWI?

Lawrence

Hi Lawrence,
Welcome aboard. How about a little more info on your projects. Are you going to make a turntable for your audio system? :)
And congrats on the Myford. I have had a fully tooled Super 7 for a long time so if you need any advice just ask. (Of course free advice is worth what you pay for it!) The MyfordLathes group on Yahoo is great bunch and helpful too.
Cordially...Maurice

Hello Maurice, several projects on hold...waiting for the myford as i cannot complete them on my micromark and or the hendey at the moment..

this includes a very special tonearm...a complete turntable maybe in the works but for now i need to finish my project ...I am an avid music lover with a good set of ears and know what REAL live un-ampified music sounds like...this is a hobbie/passion that i hope can make a few bucks...

Lawrence

p.s any pointers on the myford i should know?

Now that the dust is settling some let me add my welcome Lawrence!!

Bill

Welcome, check my sx2 thread for mods.

Hello Lawrence and welcome to the all new forum sounds like you have some great equipment even a Myford!
Stew.

Hey I am starting my Hendey lathe restore project would like to share + pix...where can i show this?

Lawrence

Welcome Lawrence!

We have a projects forum where you can create a build thread to display photos.

Latest posts

Back