Hello from central Illinois

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I found this place quite by accident in a round about way and after reading a few posts I had to join. Since joining I have spent my time lurking and reading the archives in depth. I can say there are way too many ideas in my head now just pertaining to mods on my equipment and many more on projects built/being built that are motivating me to get going on some of my own.

A little about my self...

I have always had an interest in machining since about 8 years old and asked for a metal lathe for Christmass (yea, like the folks were going to go for that lol) Anyway, other than hand making parts and piecesfor years using basic hand tools and a drill press I finally got my first lathe about 9 years ago (a MW/Logan 10X24) It was on this lathe that I quickly taught my self how to machine and boy did I learn quick. I still have that lathe along with a SB heavy 10 with taper attachment, an ENCO 13X40 gap bed with Anilam Wizard 411 DRO ( I stole this one with a bad motor on a warranty return for $2000 delivered) I modded the Enco with a VFD and 6 pole 3 phase 3hp motor. I have a Micro Mark 7X14 and lastly I have a Speedway mini mill that just broke it's first gear after 8 years of use.

Thanks for having me, Darren M.

Hi Darren, Welcome to the site. You found a good place to watch, learn, participate and have some fun.
I can tell by list of equipment that your build list is growing already. In case you haven't figured it out yet,
we like PICTURES. Finished projects, builds, mods, your shop or whatever. It's good to have you here.

Mike

Darren,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome Darren. Sounds like your collection of shop equipment is coming along just fine...so what type of projects are you interested in. Happy you found us by accident or otherwise...jump right in...its a great bunch of folks here!!

Regards,
Bill

Thanks for the welcome guys! Bill strangely enough it was your Briggs build that brought me here. I have had in my mind for several years an idea to build a fully functional miniature of my CASE 130 garden tractor. It was after 1 of many discussions about the Kohler engine that a friend sent me a link to your "Project Of The Month" award that in turn led me to the actual project. All I can say is "WOW"! My plan is to use castings for mine but I gleaned much info and ideas on how to go about making some parts of mine from you.

Darren

Welcome to HMEM Darren, where in central Illinois are you located? If you are near Brown County you and I have terrorized a common territory :big: Your equipment sounds a treat, post up some pictures if you can, we all DO LOVE PICTURES th_wwp

BC1
Jim

Pictures!? Did somebody say PICTURES!?

;D

Dave

Hey Darren, from a fellow SB Heavy 10 Owner!

What kind of stuff have you been making with your fine collection of equipment?

Regards,

Nelson
www.***************.com

Latest posts

Back