Hello from brisbane Australia.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooper_luke_10

Reaction score
Hi.
My name is Luke.
I'm just finishing an apprenticeship in fitting and machining.
I love the idea of a home workshop and can't wait for the day I have a functioning one under my own house. (got the house, which took all the money needed to put the tools under it)
I have just been looking at this forum the last few days and really find everything interesting. I love stirling engines and the single piston fourstrok engines.
Unfortunately I only did the basic manual machining required of my trade (my workplace is more fitting than machining) so if anyone could suggest some good reading for me to study up on that would be great. Especially anything to do with the home workshop and making engines like the steam, stirling and fourstroke engines I see in this forum. Although I understnad the concepts, I would love to know more of the details involved with these little projects and the methods used to build them.
Cheers

Welcome from Mildura Australia.

Congratulations on securing the house for starters! I find I learn a lot from the postings on this forum. There are some nice compiled build logs in the download section that you may get a bit out of as well.

Hope you find a bargain and get hold of some gear to getstuck in to making some engines.

Cheers,

Nick

Congratulations on finishing your apprenticeship. It is no easy task. The book mentioned above is a very good starter. I wish you luck in all you do.

"Bill Gruby"

Luke,

Welcome to our forum. :bow:

Congratulations on completing your apprenticeship. :bow:

I like "The Amateurs Lathe" by LH Sparey. There are also some other very good books from the workshop practice series available from My Hobby World via the internet.

Best Regards
Bob

wEc1 Welcome to the forum and congrats. Ironman (Ray)

Welcome aboard Luke.

you have the best resource available for details on how all miniature engines are built right here in this forum.

Randel

Latest posts

Back