Hello all

Help Support HMEM:

plm5154

Reaction score
Hi,

New member here and just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Central Florida, but spend a good deal of time in Lower Alabama. I'm just beginning to learn to use my mini lathe and mini mill, so if I ask a silly sounding question please bear with me. I'm fascinated and amazed by the work you folks perform on this model engines. I sincerely hope and believe I will learn a lot here at HMEM.

Patrick

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
Welcome learning to use th mini mill an lathe is a good start.

Tin

b.lindsey

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Welcome Patrick. Please feel free to ask questions, most of us have been down the same road are here to help.
Bill

albertorc19

Reaction score
For benginners like me, there's a youtube channel by mrpete222 that has been the most helpful. Mr. Pete who uses "Tubal Cain" as nomme de guerre explains basic shop operations with a twist of humor and it's evident that he enjoys teaching. His channel now host 200+ videos with subjects covering lathe and milling work, measurement instruments, backyard foundry, plasma cutting, dies and taps, drill bits, screw threads cutting, pattern making, etc. I think his channel is a great complement to both printed and e-books about model engineering.

compspecial

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Patrick, you'll get all the help and advice you need here.
Stew

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
I live in Central Florida, but spend a good deal of time in Lower Alabama.

I had the pleasure of spending the summer of 2001 at NAS Pensacola. Did not get out of the area much . I did have my car and Visited the USS Alabama a clasmate and i stopped at Lambert's for diner. My family was down for a week. so I am at least a little familiar with the area.
Tin

seagar

Reaction score
Welcome Patric,remember, the only silly question you can ask is "why didn't I ask the question".

Ian ( seagar)

django

Reaction score
Some of the fella's on here know a bit so get into their ribs.

plm5154

Reaction score
Thanks again guys, I feel quite welcomed now. I'm looking forward to hanging out here a lot.

Patrick