Hello all

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plm5154

Reaction score
Hi,

New member here and just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Central Florida, but spend a good deal of time in Lower Alabama. I'm just beginning to learn to use my mini lathe and mini mill, so if I ask a silly sounding question please bear with me. I'm fascinated and amazed by the work you folks perform on this model engines. I sincerely hope and believe I will learn a lot here at HMEM.

Patrick

Welcome learning to use th mini mill an lathe is a good start.

Tin

Welcome Patrick. Please feel free to ask questions, most of us have been down the same road are here to help.
Bill

For benginners like me, there's a youtube channel by mrpete222 that has been the most helpful. Mr. Pete who uses "Tubal Cain" as nomme de guerre explains basic shop operations with a twist of humor and it's evident that he enjoys teaching. His channel now host 200+ videos with subjects covering lathe and milling work, measurement instruments, backyard foundry, plasma cutting, dies and taps, drill bits, screw threads cutting, pattern making, etc. I think his channel is a great complement to both printed and e-books about model engineering.

Welcome to the forum, Patrick, you'll get all the help and advice you need here.
Stew

I live in Central Florida, but spend a good deal of time in Lower Alabama.

I had the pleasure of spending the summer of 2001 at NAS Pensacola. Did not get out of the area much . I did have my car and Visited the USS Alabama a clasmate and i stopped at Lambert's for diner. My family was down for a week. so I am at least a little familiar with the area.
Tin

Welcome Patric,remember, the only silly question you can ask is "why didn't I ask the question".

Ian ( seagar)

Some of the fella's on here know a bit so get into their ribs.

Thanks again guys, I feel quite welcomed now. I'm looking forward to hanging out here a lot.

Patrick

Latest posts

Back