HasBrouck #3

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pictures of the parts made.Ed

Try picture again. Ed

100_4820.jpg

Looks good Ed. Nice work on the eccentric strap. That's a good challenge for someone starting out. You'll have a runner soon.

Cheers,
Phil

I belong to the yahoo HasBrouck group and I am using the book to build the #3 engine. Thanks for the good info. Ed

this is how I made the flywheel. I used a 1" thick counterweight from a tractor. Cut the extra off with a saw,then used a 4 jaw chuck changer to a 3 jaw.changed to a mill to drill the holes.

100_4807.jpg

100_4808.jpg

100_4809.jpg

100_4810.jpg

oops wrong pictures.I just love computers. Try again.
This is how I made the flywheel. I used a 1" thick counterweight from a tractor. Cut the extra off with a saw,then used a 4 jaw chuck changer to a 3 jaw.changed to a mill to drill the holes.Ed

100_4838.jpg

100_4842.jpg

100_4845.jpg

100_4849.jpg

Looks good Ed. Seems like you got the heavy stuff done, so you're pretty close to a runner.

Cheers,
Phil

My engine is put together how do you time the valve?There are 2 adjustments the eccentric and the screw adjustment at the valve end. Any help would help. Thanks Ed

Ed,
In post #13, there is a picture of the valve. As it appears, the full outside diameter of the valve is on top. That is approximately the position you want the valve in at either TDC or BDC. That is, at TDC or BDC you don't want any air to enter the cylinder in either side. Then, adjust the eccentric so that the valve rocks left and right in equal amounts.

An easy way to see what the valve is doing is to mark the end of the valve with a black marker and watch it rock back and forth as you turn the engine over.

Looking forward to your success

Cheers,
Phil

Finished my #3. Runs very good and I'm happy with the build.How on to the next project. Ed

100_4958.jpg

100_4961.jpg

PS Thanks for all the help. That is what makes this group fun. Ed

I just posted pictures of my #3 yesterday. Take a look and let me know what you think. Great running engine for my first build.

Very nice looking engine Ed, congratulations

Cheers,
Phil

Hi,

What did you use for the black color on your engine parts ? Looks great !

Hi Toolznthings,

Where did you post pics of your engine? I see it in your avatar but can't find your post.

Cheers,
Phil

Hello,

Posted under " engines " section. ( newbie here on posting )

Brian

Latest posts

Back