Harrogate 2008 show photo's

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rowboat has been described and debunked on one of our forums in the UK. ALL the operating mechanism is enclosed in a double skinned hull and if you ask John Boggy nicely he may be able to post a link to MBM. Regards Ian

Ok.... so it looks like I was wrong.. not too much surprise there then! ???

But I tried! :p I looked at the link from John... I couldn't say I understood even and quarter of what was said,
but that's not surprising to me!

I look forward to figuring it all out at some later date! right now... Sleep, Driving to Yorkshire and back then up at 5.30am for a 2 hour walk up a mini mountain this morning has tired me out! got to be ready for work tomorrow... need to earn back all the pennies I spent this weekend!!

Ralph.

This may Help Martin from mayhem sent me these.I have a few others

Peter

PICT3201.JPG

PICT3207.JPG

PICT3209.JPG

PICT3216.JPG

I drove up from Essex (191 miles), it took 4 hours and about fifty odd quid for the petrol. I did make a weekend of it though and stayed overnight in Harrogate and visited Harlow Carr and popped into the National Railway Museum in york on the sunday too! Lovely part of the world though although a long way just for a weekend!

The show was great, not enough time to take it all in though. Not enough dosh to buy all the stuff I wanted at the Trade Stalls but I'm definately going the cnc conversion route with my Taig Mill though. :D

Bogstandard said:
Ian,

It was nice to meet you, even though fairly briefly. The chap I was talking to is an engine collector, and does me some nice favours.

The problems with the flywheels came about because some of the polishing soap got ingrained into the bead blasted area, but it should soon be sorted.

Ralph does look rather daunting, but once you have spoken to him, you realise that he is just a very likeable person, and being of the younger generation, he needs as much assistance as possible to 'bring him on'. Ralph, you made a very lasting good impression.

I am sure, in the future we will be able to organise things a little better, and get to spend some quality time as a group of like minded people.

There were so many people from the site there on the Saturday, and I only managed to say hello to 50% of them.

And now a bit for our American friends.

It might seem silly to yourselves that we can't all be at the show. But it is so difficult and expensive to travel in the UK I will try to show you how much.

I live 94 miles from the showground. It cost me for the return journey over £20 ($40) in fuel alone (and my car is very economical at about 50MPG). Most of my journey was motorways (I think you call them freeways), it took me 2 1/4 hours to cover the 94 miles, and that was on a slack day, if it was a Friday, I expect to add almost an hour to that time. So really, unless you live within fairly easy striking distance, it can be a rather expensive and time consuming exercise. If you came say from the London area, your travelling time one way would most probably be around 5 to 6 hours, and costs around the £50 mark, if not more. So even though we don't live very far from anywhere compared to yourselves, the costs and times involved can be rather treacherous.

John

Back